Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Guilty Pastimes of a Writer

I guess if I'm going to talk about my guilty pastimes, it would be wrong of me not to mention this first.

Camel Valley wine.

OK, so it's made in Cornwall so there is an extra appeal, and when you buy it in the local shops they often refer to the sparkling wine as "Cornish Champagne", which I just love.


Personally, my favourite is the Atlantic Dry, yes at almost £13 a bottle you will be expecting something quite special, and thankfully that's exactly what you get.


And having featured on the last series of "Mistresses", and Tate St Ives serving it in their Cafe, trust me, it's got to be good.

I first came across this Cornish wine whilst on holiday in my beloved St Ives. My husband C and I were children free and decided to indulge in a glass of wine and a dish of olives in my favourite Cafe at the Tate.  C is always one to try out new things and suggested we try the Camel Valley Atlantic Dry; despite the cost per glass.  It's now a treat for those rare times we're without the kids, and boy, do I make the most of it.

It's during these kinds of trips I'm the most inspired, and the reason I'm mentioning this lovely wine is because it does feature heavily in my 2nd novel 'Hope & Jump', and for the obvious reason that the novel is set in Cornwall - it's good to stay local!

Karen x

Fizz Time

It's been a slightly testing evening, so now the kids are calming down (and me!) I think I'll settle down to a little glass of fi...