Lily's Shoes

When I created the character "Lily" in 'A Love That Makes Life Drunk' I was in a very different place to where I am now.
Then I was carrying alot of baby weight after having my first boy and feeling pretty wrecked.
Then came a glimmer of hope.
Shoes.
The pink beauties above (me modelling!) I bought whilst envisaging a glamourous life away from nappies and night feeds. They became my alter ego - Lily was my alter ego.
Her complimentary beau, the gorgeous and sophisticated "Jefferson", also appreciated Lily's taste in shoes, when in the chapter 'Red Dress' he guiltily admits,
"I drool over slender calves wrapped elegantly with pink satin ribbons, her feet sat prettily in pink heeled sandals..."
and again as they sit drinking in a late bar in London talking about books and sex, and how Jefferson watches as Lily elegantly crosses her legs and he muses,
"...she's wearing silver shoes with the sexiest point I've ever seen."
Wonderful stuff.
I use this kind of inspiration alot in my writing, after all, I do believe alot of fiction is in parts autobiographical - a beautiful fantasy the writer wishes to live out - but just in the mind of course, as I'm not quite sure I could keep up with the passionate antics and complex lives of my characters!
But for me escapism works both ways and it's a real blessing.
Have a good day,
Karen
X


Popular Posts