Wednesday, 28 July 2010

My MUSE - Mr Tom Delonge

This is Tom Delonge.
My muse.
And when I say "muse", it's fair to say he is the inspiration behind every male character I have created since 2002.
He's the 34 year old, 6ft 4 inch American musician behind Blink 182 and Angels and Airwaves. He also owns uber cool skatewear company Macbeth.
He's my unlikely hero.


I say "unlikely" because my love affair with Mr Delonge is outside of my comfort zone. I am an Indie girl more suited to Liam Gallagher, Ian Brown and Scott Morriss (The Bluetones), but there's something about the American man I cannot resist.
He is the height, humor, and confidence behind Jefferson Howie (A Love That Makes Life Drunk), and the hair, build and swagger of Ellery Faye (Hope & Jump).
His music has inspired many a love scene, and his smile has wooed many a female character. His lyrics have become titles of working manuscripts, and his tattoo's have encouraged my leading ladies to become a little daring.
I am mad about Tom Delonge.
Something that drives my husband insane.
Something he has learnt to tolerate.
Just.

Another American.
An actor/director who has endeared himself to me after inspiring me to read "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks.
He reminds me of a younger, smoother Tom Delonge.
He's also the inspiration behind "Dylan" - my new male character.
It's fair to say I'm pretty buzzed up about these men and how they liberate the imagination.
Muse, yes, definately the right word.

Thanks for all your lovely congratulations on finally getting book 2 finished - make sit all worthwhile.
Have a great evening,
Karen
X

Fizz Time

It's been a slightly testing evening, so now the kids are calming down (and me!) I think I'll settle down to a little glass of fi...