Girl From The North Country...

It's raining but I don't care.
After what can only be described as a pretty horrendous week at work (busy), I have a day off.
I've had a dozen cups of tea, but I am so looking forward to a well deserved glass of wine tonight.
So, Geek Post number 1...
Being an avid Daphne Du Maurier fan I went along to a workshop last week to study the "Rebecca Notebook" - the original notes and manuscripts from the novel "Rebecca". Not my favourite book by Du Maurier ("Jamaica Inn" is just brilliant and gripping), but all the same I really enjoyed it.
Anyhow, above is a picture of a copy of what is believed to be the first draft of "Rebecca" (kept at the University of Exeter), and, excuse me, I was mesmirised by it, for obvious reasons.
Geeky it may be, but as a writer, these early stages of writing are quickly forgotten once you begin editing, and even more so when the book is published, so seeing this gave me a little buzz.

I wonder if they'll be storing this first draft in Exeter at any time in the future...

...oh well, it's good to imagine anyway, and I guess I should add that the above "notebook" which was orginally named "Girl From the North Country" - wholly inspired by Bob Dylan's 'Nashville Skyline', is now novel 2 'Hope & Jump' - something I had actually forgotten.

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great weekend all,
Hugs
Karen
X

Popular Posts