Fever...

I'm taking out a little time to read and research for my W.I.P.

It was an accident that I became interested in the American Poet Sylvia Plath, indeed, I think in 'A Love That Makes Life Drunk' I even mocked her a little - and then I came across an article about her suicide and quickly bought her only novel, 'The Bell Jar'.

I knew very little about her life until then, I had even forgot she was married to the English Poet Ted Hughes at the time of her death - she was just 30 and had two young children.

Despite the tragedy that surrounds the last months of her life, her work remains brilliant and inspiring, so I'm now eagerly awaiting my copy of 'Ariel', a volume of her Poetry to arrive in the post.

1932-1963.

BOOK REVIEW of 'The Bell Jar' to follow.

Happy New Year.
Karen.

Popular Posts