Friday, 18 March 2011

Happy Birthday "The English Writer"!

'The English Writer' blog is 1 this month, but it's 4 years this year since I first pressed that 'publish' button over at my old blog site 'Pink Cupcakes'.
Blogging...what a strange yet exhilirating thing. Such a brilliant invention.
Unfortunately I don't blog as much as I used to. Life is pretty busy over this way, and as much as I'd like to say it will change, I doubt it will.
This year alone has seen another house move and a job promotion.

And not alot of writing.

However, I continued to be inspired. Here's what's doing it for me at the moment:

Beady Eye's 'Different Gear, Still Speeding',
 French clothing company 'The Kooples' (see my new parka and complimentary bag below),

My new office hidden away at the top of our new house; just the way I like it. Not much to look at yet, but believe me, it's a very cool space.
Scillian olives I first tasted at 'Jamie's Italian' in Birmingham in February, and now I am delighted to discover my local deli sells them.
This divine freshly baked foccacia enjoyed with olives above.
My continued love for everything Orla Kiely.
And this man - Jamie O, for making me want to cook again.
Have a great weekend,
Karen
X

Fizz Time

It's been a slightly testing evening, so now the kids are calming down (and me!) I think I'll settle down to a little glass of fi...