Beware; forthcoming blog posts will be seriously laced with my new obsession: Paris.
I'm referring to this awe inspiring Capital City as 'my spiritual home'. I never thought I'd be lucky enough to have 2 spiritual homes (the other being Cornwall), and if I could speak the language I'd be thinking "bolt hole".
Thankfully for C, I know when to put the breaks on, still, it's good to aspire; one must always aspire.
After mine and C's romantic weekend I am proud to announce myself as a Francophile, and despite this being my first visit to to this wonderful city, it felt strangely familiar. I attribute this to years of writing about Paris, wallowing in their chic style, aspiring to their cafe culture, their arts and literature, and their fabulous architecture. It honestly felt as though I had visited many times before, something I took great comfort in because of the following:
1. I am PETRIFIED of flying
2. It was the first time in a long time I had been away from the boys.
As this beautiful City has inspired me so much, expect alot more Paris themed posts, and because I want you to continue reading this, I will summarise my favourite memories of my 3 days.
1. Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time down below whilst I was looking out of the plane window.
2. Stepping inside 'Hotel des Academies et des Arts' in Montparnasse, and breathing in an aphrodisiac of sex.
(15 rue de la Grande Chaumiere 75006)
3. Opening the balcony doors in our hotel room and leaning on the wrought iron railings, absorbing the bustle of Montparnasse and peering discreetly into the opposite apartment to a couple drinking red wine and talking.
4. Sharing a bottle of red with C outside a nearby cafe on the terrace.
5. The French accent.
6. Macarons. Strawberry is definitely my favourite.
7. Looking up the Eiffel Tower.
8. Walking across Pont Alexander III
(Pont Alexander III)
9. The beautiful tree lined streets. I never realised Paris was so green.
10. Walking along Blvd St Germain and seeing 'Cafe de Flore' and 'Les Deux Magots' "for real".
11. Buying books from 'Shakespeare and Company' - the most remarkable and curious bookshop in the world.
12. Reading a book and sipping French beer with C on a warm spring afternoon outside Le Select cafe.
13. Being lazy in Jardin du Luxembourg.
14. Visiting Cimetiere du Montparnasse.
15.. Breakfast in bed
(pastries were divine)
And there is still so much I want to say and show...