Monday, 20 February 2012

Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll...

...is not what I expected when I downloaded the brilliant Blake Nelson's 'Girl' to my eReader before going on holiday last week, but thankfully it's what I got.
I stumbled upon this book accidentally whilst reading an article in Elle magazine featuring 'Juno' writer Cody Diablo talking about the books that have most inspired her.
'Girl' sounded like my kind of story, and to prove it was, I devoured it in just 3 days.
Now I know Blake Nelson is classed as a Young Adult writer, and yes, I am well into my 30's, but so in awe of this book, on my return from holiday I eagerly ordered the sequel 'Dream School' (no download as yet) and wait impatiently to yet again enter the world of Andrea Marr.
X


Fizz Time

It's been a slightly testing evening, so now the kids are calming down (and me!) I think I'll settle down to a little glass of fi...