Saturday, 21 April 2012

Tim Burgess ; 'Telling Stories'

I was intending to blog about E.L James' 'Fifty Shades of Grey', the Erotic novel that's rattling cages at the moment, and how it could possibly be the platform that writer's of Erotic Fiction have been waiting for...me included? Instead, I'm blogging about The Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess' book 'Telling Stories', because since I started reading it approximately 5 hours ago, I am addicted.

Back in the day when I was heavily influenced by Mr Burgess I looked like this (I'm on the right with my cousin at Glastonbury 1995)
and since this photo was taken almost 20 years ago, Tim's book is not only a "trip down memory lane", but also about re-visiting what my life was about back then, and why and how I came to do the things I did, shaping the person I am now.
Yes, there's nostalgia, don't we all like to re-visit the good times of our youth, but it's also understanding a man I surprisingly know very little about - a frontman who's uber cool persona could only be (slightly) eclipsed by Liam Gallagher.
Anyway, I can't put it down. I've been reading snippets of it between packing up our house, doing the washing, and the kids' lunch.
I'm addicted, and it's a damned fine feeling.
X


Related Posts with Thumbnails