Thursday, 17 May 2012

LUNCH IN PARIS by Elizabeth Bard

I found this book while browsing for books about Paris.
The thing I like about it the most (apart from the love story!), is the recipes Elizabeth Bart includes after each chapter directly associated with what she has just written about. It provides a sense of "being there", which I love.
For me, I get to indulge my fantasies of living in Paris, but also about eating in Paris.
Yes, it's a little like 'Almost French' by Sarah Turnball (meeting a Frenchman, moving to Paris, cultural and language difficulties, acceptance, etc, but without the recipes), but I loved 'Almost French' and didn't want it to end, so I get to read a slightly different version, great.
So, I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves Paris, French food, or just wants a damned good light hearted read.
X
Related Posts with Thumbnails