Thursday, 14 February 2013

Donna Hay's 'Seasons'

Last summer on a trip to Truro with my hubby, we ended up in Waterstone's and stayed for a very long time. Amongst others, I indulged in this monster of a book with a fairly monster price.
Now I've liked Donna Hay for sometime (I even mentioned her in 'Hope & Jump' and how "Evie" and "Ellery" were mad about her). I have her 'Christmas' collection too, but this book got me in a big way, the visual inspiration of not just the food, but also the lifesyle (I am a sucker for this), made it worth what I paid.
So, once I'd drooled over the pages wishing I lived that life, I popped it onto my kitchen bookshelf and kind of forgot about it - until recently, and now it's on and off that shelf, rekindling not only the visual experience but a bit of cooking and creating as well.
 
I mean, who doesn't want to be doing this on the beach in summer or even winter?
And who doesn't want to be riding a bicycle through the spring meadows with a picnic basket on the front?
OK, maybe it is all just a little fantasy, but who cares, once in a while we should all beable to indulge in our own guilty pleasures, and this is one of mine.
 
Karen
X
 


Fizz Time

It's been a slightly testing evening, so now the kids are calming down (and me!) I think I'll settle down to a little glass of fi...