Monday, 24 June 2013

L.S Lowry at Tate

Hillside in Wales - L.S Lowry (1962)
 
Art is as important to me as books thanks to the genius of L.S Lowry.
Over the past 25 years I have spent a lot of time in the Manchester area because of the music, but also because of the work of Lowry.
The above painting is the first Lowry print (postcard) I bought back in the mid 1990's. It meant so much to me then because I was living in Wales. I then went on to buy a whole load of prints which sat in our home like a gallery, or rather a homage.
My love of art has been fuelled since living in Cornwall, especially with Tate St Ives so close by. As a family this culture has become part of our family, something I hope will be long lasting for my kids.
Anyway, I am really pleased that finally Tate in London is showing a major exhibition of his work opening on the
 26 June - 20 October 2013.
If you can you really must go and see it, even if it's to be glad we don't have to live under those conditions anymore.
X

Related Posts with Thumbnails